Yesler Terrace Park Celebration
Join us for the grand opening of Yesler Terrace Park.
The transformation of Yesler into a vibrant new urban community is becoming more apparent with the emergence of new housing, parks, services, community organized activities, art and transportation choices. The new Yesler Terrace Park provides an important civic gathering place for residents, neighbors from the surrounding areas and visitors from within and outside of Seattle to connect with each other. The park features play equipment, a spray park, an outdoor basketball court, a soccer field sponsored by the RAVE Foundation (the official charitable arm of the Seattle Sounders FC) and other amenities.
11 a.m. - Event begins
Noon - 12:30 p.m.
Dedication ceremony noon to 12:30 p.m. with a Seattle Mayor's Office representative, Seattle Parks and Recreation Interim Superintendent Christopher Williams, Seattle Sounders FC Owner Adrian Hanauer, Seattle Housing Authority Executive Director Andrew Lofton, a member of Seattle City Council, and others.
11 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- Tai Chi on the open lawn starting at 11 a.m.
- Coffee ceremony on the plaza starting at 11 a.m.
- Interactive art stations with George Lee, Rachel Kessler, Jennifer Charoni and Alessandra Panieri
- RAVE Field - soccer activities and ball giveaway
- Outdoor basketball court - Seattle Storm and Seattle University Men's Basketball
- The 4-H Challenge Course at Camp Long team building activities
- Seattle Parks and Recreation Environmental Learning Center bubble activities
- Neighborhood tours
- Community service and resource tables on South Washington Street
- Food catered by Lan Hue Sandwich & Bakery
- Non-hosted food trucks from Thai U-Up and 314 Pie
- Live music throughout the day
3 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
- 3-on-3 basketball tournament with prizes
- RAVE Field activities
8 p.m. - 10:30 p.m.
- Outdoor community movie night. Movie: Moana. Please bring your own chairs and blankets.
- Light snacks will be provided