Housing Choice Voucher (Section 8)
waitlist lottery, March 23 - April 10 2015
Seattle Housing Authority is opening a new waitlist this Spring for the Housing Choice Voucher (Section 8) Program using a lottery system with registration available online-only. The head of household must be 18 years or older (or an emancipated minor) at the time they receive a voucher, but there is no age requirement for lottery registration.
Registration is free. If you are asked for money, you are not on the correct website. No one can promise you a spot on the waitlist. To avoid scams, do not search the internet for the waitlist registration, and do not click on ads. The safest way to register is to type "seattlehousing.org/waitlist" directly into your browser's address bar.
Register for the Lottery
The registration period is now open. Click the button below to begin. Please remember to have information about all members of your household on-hand, including names, dates of birth, social security numbers, etc.
Voucher eligibility requirements
To learn if you are eligible to receive a Housing Choice Voucher from Seattle Housing Authority, please read our Eligibility page as well as the information below.
Waitlist lottery information:
- Registration will be open from March 23, 2015 at 8 a.m. through April 10 at 5 p.m. (Pacific Daylight Time) and a lottery will be held to determine who is placed on this new waitlist.
- Only one person per household may register. Households may only register once.
- Registering for the lottery does NOT mean you are applying for housing.
- If you are already placed on the Section 8 waitlist that was originally established in 2013, there is no need to register for this lottery. Households still on our waitlist will receive first priority as vouchers become available.
- This is not a first-come, first-served process, so there is no need to be the first in line to register. A rush at the beginning of the registration period may result in website instability. If you experience this, please come back to the site later. Also, please do not leave registration until the last minute on April 10 in case you experience technical difficulties.
- The registration period will not close early and there is no limit to the number of registrations we will accept.
- The registration form asks you to provide the name, date of birth, social security number, race and gender of all members of your household, as well as your household's annual income before taxes. Since it is not possible to save an unfinished registration, it is best to have this information on-hand before beginning your registration.
- For technical problems with registration, call the waitlist hotline at 206-239-1674 for help or submit an email using our contact form below.
- If you do not have access to a computer, call our waitlist hotline at 206-239-1674 for a list of locations that can serve you.
Upon request, Seattle Housing Authority will provide reasonable accommodations to people with disabilities so they can participate in Seattle Housing programs.