Where do I go for social services?

Seattle has many social service agencies that may provide financial assistance, case management, emergency housing referrals, education and employment services.

King County Veterans Program

2106 2nd Ave., Suite 100

Call 206.477.8282 or visit in person during walk in hours every Monday, Wednesday and Thursday from 8:30am to 11:30 am and Tuesdays from 1pm to 3pm. 

Washington Department of Veterans Affairs

2106 2nd Ave., Suite 100

For referrals, call the  Veterans hotline call  1.877.904.VETS. Monday through Friday from 8:30 4:30.p.m.

Veteran’s Crisis Hotline

Provides free support for veterans in crisis and their families and friends.

Call 1.800.273.8255 and Press 1

Live chat online at

Send a text message to 838255. This service is available 24 hours a day 7 days a week. 

Where can I access  VA healthcare?

Seattle Veterans Administration

May provide an array of health care related services such as primary care, mental health, addiction treatment, homeless services, compensated work therapy (CWT), vocational rehabilitation, and pharmacy services for eligible veterans.

VA Puget Sound Health Care System

 Seattle Division

1660 South Columbian Way

This is the best place to ask if you are eligible for VA Healthcare. For help navigating the hospital, there are volunteers posted at the main building entrances that can either provide directions or walk with you to your desired location within the hospital. Hospital maps are also provided at all entrances. Call the Seattle VA at 206.762-.010 or go online for more information about services offered and how to access them.

Seattle Vet Center

4735 E Marginal Way S., Room 1102

A community based counseling center that provides individual and group counseling as well as referrals and additional resources. For more information, call 206.658.4225.

Where can I apply for, or inquire about VA Benefits?

As a veteran, service member, or family member you may qualify for financial benefits such as disability compensation, education, insurance, loan guaranty, pension, and vocational rehabilitation.

VA Regional Benefits Office

915 2nd Ave

The place to inquire about applying for financial benefits. You can also contact their office by phone at 206.341.8523. However, if you go in person you will typically benefit from faster response times.

If you require additional assistance, contact Seattle Housing Authority’s Program Coordinator, Trinh Tran at 206.239.1626.