Community Resources

In addition to the services Seattle Housing Authority coordinates, tenants can access services from a variety of providers in the City of Seattle.

A good place to learn about the range of care available is  2-1-1- Washington Information Network.  Call 2-1-1, or visit Through this information network, individuals can receive crisis support, learn about education, employment and financial empowerment, seek information on services for individuals with disabilities, gain access to food support, learn about health care and mental health support options, find support for immigrant/refugee issues including citizenship, and get help for victims of domestic violence and trafficking.

Washington Connection is another good site and is the primary way to apply for state benefits like food stamps, Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) and other programs. 

Additional resources are listed below:


Citizenship and Immigration

Financial Resources

Health Insurance Open Enrollment

Legal services

Neighborhood Guide

Non-SHA housing resources

Pest control: Bed bugs and other pests

Rent assistance

Security deposit assistance

Social Security

Tax return assistance



Utility bill assistance


Voter registration

Please note that types of services, qualifications, and availability can change often. The best source of current information about each of these programs is through the program itself.