SHA offices will be closed on Monday, January 21 to observe the Martin Luther King holiday.
Citizenship and immigration
In partnership with local non-profits, the City of Seattle provides citizenship assistance to help immigrants become U.S. citizens. Services are provided in several languages, including Vietnamese, Amharic, Somali, Oromo, Chinese, Cantonese, Mandarin, Russian, Arabic, Albanian, Creole, & Hindi. More information can be found about this program here: seattle.gov/iandraffairs/NCC
The Coalition for Immigrant and Refugee Rights is a group of local service agencies helping people with naturalization and English as a second language instruction, screening for citizenship eligibility, and assessing English skills. They also help people with Seattle Housing Authority applications, and prepare them for the INS citizenship review.
Contact these agencies for help:
- Asian Counseling and Referral Service: 206-695-7600
- Center for Career Alternatives: 206-322-9080
- Chinese Information and Service Center: 206-624-4062
- East African Community Services: (206) 721-1119
- Horn of Africa Services: 206-760-0550
- Jewish Family Service: 206-461-3240
- Refugee Women's Alliance: 206-721-0243