You are here



How can I get help paying for transportation?

SHA Transit Pass Program

The Seattle Housing Authority (SHA) Transit Pass is a partnership between SHA and the Seattle Department of Transportation (SDOT). Eligible SHA residents receive an unlimited-use ORCA card to take transit at no cost. The program will run through December 31, 2026.

King County Metro provides discount bus ticket programs:

ORCA Lift 

Offers reduced fares to riders with low income. 

Apply at Seattle/King County Public Health locations, or find other locations


Regional Reduced Fare Permit

Offers reduced fares on many public transportation systems to: 

  • Seniors (age 65 or older)

  • Riders with a disability (must apply in person)

How to apply


DART Transit | Hopelink

Offers public transit in King and Snohomish Counties through Hopelink.

Request a DART ride

More information:

Call 2-1-1 to see if there are other transportation programs you might qualify for. 

How can I find out which bus route to take?

How can I find driving directions?

Many websites offer customized driving direction tools that can be used online  or loaded onto a smart phone. is one example. 

What else can I do if I’ve already tried the ideas above and still have not found transportation that works for me?

  • Community agencies or religious organizations you currently receive services from might able to help

  • Family and friends might be willing to assist

  • Ask your school or employer if they have transportation assistance discounts or programs

  • Consider carpooling or vanpooling. Find info at

  • Consider car or bike sharing programs such as, and