Request public records
A request for public records may be made by U.S. mail, fax, or email. No particular format is required, but the following information should be included in the request:
- Your name
- Your organization (if any)
- Telephone number
- Email address
- A description of the requested record(s). Please be specific in describing the topic(s) and date (s)and any other pertinent information.
Submit to the Public Records Officer listed at the bottom of this page.
Within five business days, the Public Records Officer will:
- Acknowledge receipt of the request and provide an estimate of time necessary for further response; or
- Deny the request and provide an explanation of the basis for the denial; or
- Ask for a clarification of the request.
At the requester choice, public records may be viewed at the physical address below at no cost during normal business hours (Monday through Friday, 8:30 am – 5:00 pm). Alternatively, photocopies or electronic copies of the records will be provided. If copies are requested, or necessary because electronic copies do not exist, the following fees will apply:$0.15 per page up to 11”x17” will be charged for copies of documents, including electronic copies of paper documents. Charges for copies of larger documents will be based upon the actual cost of reproduction.
The Housing Authority may require a deposit prior to copying the records requested. If a deposit is required, the Public Records Officer will advise the requester of the amount of the deposit. When a large number of records are requested, copies may be provided in segments and the requester may be required to pay the copying cost for each segment before the next segment is copied.
The Seattle Housing Authority Public Records Officer is:
190 Queen Anne Avenue North
Seattle, WA 98109