Flexible Spending Account
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs) allow you to set aside pretax dollars to pay for expenses not otherwise covered by insurance. There are two types of accounts:
- A Dependent Care FSA can pay for eligible dependent care (day care) expenses for your child, disabled spouse or dependent parent while you and your spouse work.
- A Health Care FSA can help pay for expenses not covered by your health plans, such as deductibles, copays, coinsurance, and services such as orthodontia that exceed the plan maximum.
You have the option of signing up for both accounts, or only one account.
The minimum amount you can contribute is $120 annually per each account.The maximum you can contribute to a Health Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA) is $2,550 per employee; for a Dependent Care FSA, it's $5,000 per household.
To understand how FSAs work, see:
Because of the pretax benefit, FSAs are governed by the Internal Revenue Service Code. For details on current rules, see the following documents posted on www.irs.gov
Publication 502: Medical and Dental Expenses
Publication 503: Child and Dependent Care Expenses
Publication 969: Health Savings Accounts and Other Tax-Favored Health Plans
You can sign up for flexible spending accounts
- within 30 days of your hire date,
- during an Open Enrollment period,
- or within 30 days of a qualifying change in family status.
There are four ways to access your FSA Account:
- Use your Navia Benefits card to pay for eligible expenses.The funds will come automatically out of your FSA and are paid to the provider.
- Access Navia Benefits Online Claim Submission tool. Fill in your claim information, upload documentation from your computer, and submit via web to Navia Benefits.
- Download the MyNavia App for your Android or iPhone mobile device from the Apple App Store or Google Play. You can submit a claims, verify transactions and more.
- Fill out a FSA claim form, attach proper documentation and fax, email, or mail it to Navia Benefits Solutions.
Toll Free Fax: 1.866.535.9227
Mail: P.O. Box 53250, Bellevue, WA 98015-3250
The Flex-Plan Enrollment Kit will give you more details about the Health Care and Dependent Care benefits.
Flex-Plan Enrollment Kit [PDF]