Information for new hires
Welcome to the Seattle Housing Authority (SHA). As a regularly appointed employee, you and your eligible dependents have access to a comprehensive package of health and insurance benefits. Please review the Employee Benefits Guide for a summary of benefits available to you.
The following forms must be submitted to Human Resources within 30 days from your date of hire:
- 2023 Seattle Housing Employee Benefits Enrollment Form
- Affidavit of Marriage/Domestic Partnership form (if covering a spouse or domestic partner)
- 2023 Flexible Spending Account Enrollment Form
Note: If you do not return your forms within 30 days of your date of hire:
- Your next opportunity to enroll will be Open Enrollment, with benefits effective January 2024.
- You waive eligibility for Guaranteed Issues and will be subject to medical history review.
- You may be enrolled in default plans for medical, dental, vision coverage.
Seattle Housing Authority is subject to the City of Seattle's benefit eligibility rules for medical, dental, and vision coverage. For the most up-to-date information, visit the City of Seattle's benefit page.