Information for new hires
Welcome to the Seattle Housing Authority (SHA). As a regularly appointed employee, you and your eligible dependents have access to a comprehensive package of health and insurance benefits. Please review the Employee Benefits Guide for a summary of benefits available to you.
The following forms must be submitted to Human Resources within 30 days from your date of hire:
- 2021 Seattle Housing Employee Benefits Election Form
- Affidavit of Marriage/Domestic Partnership form (if covering a spouse or domestic partner)
- 2021 Flexible Spending Account enrollment form
Note: If you do not return your forms within 30 days of your date of hire:
- Your next opportunity to enroll will be Open Enrollment , with benefits effective January 2022.
- You waive eligibility for Guaranteed Issues and will be subject to medical history review.
- You may be enrolled in default plans for medical, dental, vision coverage.
Link to City of Seattle Benefits page