You are here

Veterans Affairs Supportive Housing

Veterans Affairs Supportive Housing

Veterans Affairs Supportive Housing  (VASH) program is a joint effort between the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) and the Veteran’s Administration. HUD allocates Housing Choice Vouchers that allow homeless veterans and their families to live in market-rate rental units while the VA provides case management services. A housing subsidy is paid to the landlord on behalf of the participating Veteran. The Veteran then pays the difference between the actual rent charged by the landlord and the amount subsidized by the program.

Information for veterans and landlords

Veterans or landlords interested in the program can contact their local Veterans Affairs office:

Community Resource and Referral Center (CRRC): 


305 S. Lucile St.
Seattle, WA 98108


Or for more information, contact Housing Choice Voucher Special Purpose Voucher Program Manager Sarah Birkebak, or 206.819.2065.